We’re closed for applications for our Fellowship right now. They will open again February 2021.
Green Pathways Fellows will be hired and placed, in partnership, with host sites for two-year fellowships. Here are some program highlights:
Sept 2019: Opening Retreat — A week-long opening retreat to establish strong relationships and trust between Green Pathways Fellows. One of our values is community, and we strongly believe in building a foundation of trust at the start of the program so that the Fellows can learn from, rely on, and collaborate with each other in future endeavors.
Sept – Oct 2019: Leadership Academy — 5-week Leadership Academy, in which they will build a shared understanding around environmental and climate justice frameworks, leadership skills, and other professional skills to be successful in environmental sector careers.
Oct 2019 and Beyond: Work, Monthly Trainings, Convenings, and More! — Fellows work full-time (37.5+ hours/week) at host sites. Throughout the year, the fellows will engage in monthly all-day trainings as well as lunch-and-learn meetings, check-ins, peer-coaching, performance evaluations, and networking opportunities with community leaders. There will be mid-year retreats and celebrations annually to continue relationship-building and further reflection.
We are looking for Green Pathways applicants with the following qualifications and interests:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- At least 1 year of demonstrated work, academic, and/or volunteer experience in social and environmental justice
- Deep commitment to professional and leadership development
- Strong desire to advance professionally at host organization, post-fellowship.
- Passion for community work and social justice, with intent to advance in the green sector
- Willingness to be vulnerable, introspective, and learn outside comfort zone
- Available to work full-time at host organization for the duration of the two-year Green Pathways Fellowship Program
- Medical benefits
- Transportation benefits
- Paid time off: Vacation, holidays, sick, family, etc.
- Professional Development Stipend
- Technology/Technical Equipment Stipend
- Additional training specific to the position
- Environmental justice-focused training
- Monthly professional development training, networking lunches, and conferences
- Fellows will be matched with a career environmental professional to get guidance and support
- Fellows will also gain access to an expansive network of environmental leaders
Applications who are interested and qualify for the Green Pathways Fellowship program are encouraged to apply. Below are two sets of timelines that give an overview of the notable dates in the application process.
PRIORITY APPLICATION TIMELINE
Dec 2018 – Feb 2019: Info Sessions
Fri, Mar 15: Application deadline
Mid- Mar – Mid-May 2019: Application Materials Review & Candidate Interviews
Late May 2019: Green Pathways Fellows Selection & Notification
REGULAR APPLICATION TIMELINE
Mar – May 2019: Info Sessions
Fri, May 17th : Application deadline
Mid-May – Late-Jun 2019: Application Materials Review & Candidate Interviews
Early Jul 2019: Green Pathways Fellows Selection & Notification