We look for leaders that are change-makers, cultivate other leaders, committed to the hard work of personal and professional development, self-aware and self-reflective, address conflict head on, operate with ethics, see vulnerability as a strength, transparent, humility, willing to engage in courageous conversation, and ability to fill a need when they see one. Committed to giving and receiving feedback and operating from a strengthen base approach.
Beyond those qualities, applicants must meet the following minimum standards of eligibility:
- Have at least 4 years of dedicated years of work, academic, and/or volunteer experience in the nonprofit sector
- Culturally and linguistically reflect the community in which they will be working
- Demonstrate passion for community work and social justice, and intent to stay and advance in the nonprofit field
- Be prepared to work full-time (37.5+ hours per week) at a CBO Partner organization from August 2019 to August 2021
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S
- A criminal history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being selected as a Fellow. However, some CBO positions may not be open to applicants with certain kinds of criminal record. Applicants should expect to consent to a criminal background report as part of the interview and selection process.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PROVIDED BY RAINIER VALLEY CORPS
- Living stipend of $21.50/hr.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- 23 days of paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
- Monthly Professional Development Training, Conferences, and Additional Professional Development Funding
- Fellows will be matched with a career nonprofit professional mentor to get guidance and support.
- Fellows will also gain access to an expansive network of nonprofit and advocacy leaders.
Ready to apply? Apply here.
Link not working? Download the RVC Fellowship Application Form and submit your application to [email protected].
FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION TIMELINE & PROCESS
|Priority Application Timeline|
|Info Sessions||December-February 2018-2019|
|Application Deadline||February 28, 2019|
|Application Reviews and Interviews||March-April 2019|
|Priority Fellows Selected||April 15, 2019|
|Regular Application Timeline||Date|
|Info Sessions||March-April 2019|
|Application Deadline||May 1, 2019|
|Application Materials Review and Interviews||May 15-June 15, 2019|
|Fellows Selected||July 1, 2019|