We’re closed for applications for our Fellowship right now. They will open again Fall of 2020.
Be a Host Organization for a Leader of Color!
Rainier Valley Corps (RVC)’s Community Impact Fellowship Program places talented leaders of color in two-year staff positions at a grassroots organization in the greater Seattle area and South King County led by communities of color. Fellows provide critical staffing support to host organizations and receive professional development training to strengthen their skill-sets and knowledge in order to apply the concepts and ideas to their host organization.
The fellowship provides a living wage stipend and benefits. The program aims to create a pathway for emerging leaders of color to gain critical professional skills in nonprofit leadership and management, advance professionally to mid- to senior-level leadership positions at grassroots community-based organizations, and bring significant capacity to host organizations.
Which Organizations are Eligible to Host an RVC Fellow?
Rainier Valley Corps partners with a diverse range of organizations led by communities of color every two years. Partnership is based on organization’s capacity to:
- Offer meaningful, challenging, and career-building opportunities that supports a fellow’s professional development and personal growth
- Provide strong supervision, mentorship, and space for fellows to connect and build a robust network. Organizations need a minimum of 30 hr/wks paid staff supervising the fellow
- Be ready to build organizational capacity and committed to transformation
- Be located in the greater Seattle area
In order to establish deep commitment from partners, host organizations pay a fee based on organizational budget size. The fee covers fellow salary, administrative costs, and towards capacity building support services.
Fee per fellow per year, depending on the organization’s operating budget, ranges from $5,000 to $30,000.
Please contact email@example.com for a detailed fee breakdown!
How are Fellows Selected?
Candidates go through a multi-step review process to ensure we get the best candidates.
- Applicants submit applications expressing interest in the fellowship program, demonstrating minimum qualifications.
- RVC fellowship staff reviews applications and select qualified candidates that meet minimum criteria for a phone interview.
- In-person interviews with candidates and host organizations that match the candidates experience and interest are conducted.
- Host organization make final decision on a candidate and an offer is made by RVC.
The hiring timelines are:
PRIORITY APPLICATION TIMELINE
Dec 2018 – Feb 2019: Info Sessions
Feb 28, 2019: Application Deadline
March – April 2019: Application Reviews and Interviews
April 15, 2019: Priority Fellows Selected
REGULAR APPLICATION TIMELINE
March – April 2019: Info Sessions
May 1, 2019: Application Deadline
May 15 – June 15, 2019: Application Reviews and Interviews
July 1, 2019: Fellows Selected
What Types of Positions can RVC Fellows Take on?
RVC aims to provide critical capacity building support to host organization through our fellows at manager or director levels. Thus we prioritize five key areas of responsibility for fellows to undertake:
- Operations (finance, human resources, IT, office management, legal/risk)
- Development (grant writing, donor cultivation and management, fundraising, events, and communication)
- Program (program development, delivery, and management)
- Advocacy & Policy (campaigns, policy analysis, communications, and strategy)
- Community Organizing (community organization and engagement, communication, organizing campaigns/mobilizations, events)
Past and current fellows have held significant responsibilities within their host organization, such as operations and development managers, communications and strategic initiatives managers, campaign organizers, program and community engagement coordinators, and fund development managers. When considering positions for fellows, please consider the above five areas of responsibilities.
Interested in Becoming a Host Organization?
Great! Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting!