Position: Finance Manager
Reports to: Co-Executive Director
Location: Greater Seattle Area
Position type: Full Time/ Exempt
Salary: $62,300 – $75,800/year
Benefits: 23 days paid time off, 11 paid holidays, flexible, family-friendly schedule, medical (zero-deductible HMO and PPO options), dental, short- and long-term disability, life, and AD&D insurance, with RVC covering over 90% of the costs of the insurance package. Transit Orca card available as well.
Start date: November-December 2022
RVC strengthens the power of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) in order to create a more equitable society through capacity-building, leadership development, and operations support. We accomplish this through our core programs and services as well as through leading partnerships with community members and organizations of color. These members and organizations provide support services tailored to the strengths and needs of the communities they serve. For this reason, BIPOC and people with intersecting identities are encouraged to apply.
Summary of position
RVC is looking for an experienced finance and compliance wizard to support RVC in expanding and strengthening its internal finance and risk management. The right person for this role can make connections between budgets, finance strategies, and supporting the growth of a program or organization. This person will play a vital role on the General Operations team, supporting various aspects of RVC’s internal operations and our Operations Support Partners (organizations fiscally sponsored by RVC). RVC intends to invest deeply in the professional development of this position so that they can grow and develop as the organization grows, gaining increasing levels of responsibility and opportunity over time.
Finance Management (50%)
- Co-lead the design and assessment of financial strategy and performance as it relates to our annual budget and long-term goals while fostering organizational effectiveness and sustainability in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles within the nonprofit sector.
- Review, manage, and establish as needed, internal system, processes, and procedures to ensure the integrity, accuracy, compliance, and usefulness of financial information and reporting.
- Coordinate on an ongoing basis with RVC’s accountant and Co-Executive Directors to work on annual audit, establishing accounting practices for staff, and complete mandated reporting for our 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- Manage daily finance and accounting operations including account payable and receivable, credit card system management, monthly reconciliation of missing receipts and coding, and supporting end of fiscal year work
- Serve as the primary liaison with all financial institutions, oversee and monitor banking and credit activities of the organization
- Partner with General Operations, Development, and Operations Support teams to create and design procedures to help streamline information and best financial management practices
- Support the Co-Executive Director leadership to research and liaison with vendors as needed to ensure smooth financial operations”
- Train or create training for RVC staff on finance procedures and policies. Work in partnership with the Operations Support team to develop trainings and processes for operational partners (fiscally sponsored projects)
- Participate in RVC’s Board finance committee on a needed basis.
Risk Management Lead (30%)
- Manage RVC annual compliance calendar and file all licensing and legal paperwork with local, state, adn federal agencies in a timely manner
- Monitor and research legal and regulatory requirements and best practices in order to ensure that RVC is in compliance with operational and financial work
- Serve as the point person with insurance providers to secure all needed insurance coverage and renew coverages annually.
- Handle daily insurance needs and requests, such as processing certificate requests from operational partners, updating locations, and inform insurance of events or coverage changes
- Works with the Co-Executive Directors team to identify, create, and improve policies and processes to ensure the safety and security of staff, visitors, and partners
- Liaison to IT contractor
General Operations Team (10%)
- Participate in developing program vision, strategy, and planning
- Contribute to team meeting/retreat agendas and facilitation
- Contribute to the positive morale of the team, building and maintaining strong relationships with team members
- Draft own work plan, refine based on feedback, and hold self accountable to work plan and goals
RVC Organizational Operations (10%)
- These are organization-wide responsibilities. All staff hold the following responsibilities:
- Submit and track program expenses based on RVC protocol.
- Collaborate with staff in making key strategic decisions affecting RVC’s future
- Engage in deep professional development
- Participate in staff meetings, attend community events, and otherwise contribute to strengthening the deep roots within our community, both internally and externally
- 2+ years of professional experience with nonprofit finance, compliance, and/or accounting regulations
- Demonstrated skills in project management, problem analysis, and systems thinking skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite (excel, mail merge, etc.)
What we are looking for:
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; someone who can positively and productively impact RVC finance and compliance initiatives.
- Personal resilience and emotional intelligence
- Ability to clearly communicate work boundaries, expectations, and deliverables to RVC staff and fiscal sponsorship partners
- Can give and receive feedback regularly with staff and partners
- Motivated and open to working in a growing self-management organization
- Flexibility with changing priorities and managing competing deadlines.
- Highest level of discretion in protecting confidential information
- Willingness to take initiative and generate creative solutions to challenges
- Lived experience with Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC)communities
- Passion for working in the nonprofit sector
- Able to work minimal evening hours, like monthly or bi-monthly board meeting and attending RVC-related events
- Commitment to our mission and our values of Equity, Integrity, Community, Action, and Transformation
- A great sense of humor!
This is a full-time, exempt position with a salary range of $62,300 – $75,800/year. Salary offer will be dependent on experience, and calculated transparently using an equitable salary calculator used by all staff internally. We believe in work-life balance, and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked.
Link to our Application form:
A criminal background will not automatically eliminate you from consideration. A criminal history background check will be conducted on the final candidate prior to beginning employment.
RVC offers accommodations, upon request, for folks with disabilities during the application, interview, and hiring process (such as forms in alternate formats or interpretation services during the interview). RVC recognizes that employees with physical or mental conditions that significantly limit their major life activities may need reasonable accommodations to enable them to perform their essential job functions, and provides those accommodations to all its employees when needed.
If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
Equal Opportunity Employer
RVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for RVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. Assistance and/or reasonable accommodations during the application process are available to individuals upon request. To request assistance or accommodation, please contact [email protected].